Thursday 28 February 2013

Finally got my animation finished today, something of a last minute rush. A big thanks to everyone who helped out - my computer skills need work, but overall an enjoyable experience. Admittedly I was a bit ambitious with what I took on, which is reflected in the end result, but sure that's how you learn I suppose. I will definately be doing more animation, even if it's only as a hobby, as I've been bitten by the bug. As I said before there's endless scope for creativity in this medium, not to mention the growing market. The growing number of animated programs for an older audience on mainstream t.v. proves that animation is not just for kids. Or maybe we've never really grown out of them. Still the fact that they're so widely accepted is a bonus for animators and animation fans.
So as time became an issue with finishing my animation I was unable to include all I had originally intended. That was probably just as well as it played for far longer than I'd anticipated without including everything. Eventually got it down to a reasonable time, to go with the background music, and it's still quite long. Any way I have a few images to upload of some of the props I used

     

The poor doll involved in this device had to be decapitated, for the sake of art, to facilitate the metal bracket I fabficated - with three revisions - to carry the camera. But don't worry, a team of highly trained surgeons were able to re-attach it again for later scenes. Notice the pushrods underneath to move the feet. Had to make rails for them to keep them straight. Ofcourse all these little extras added to the time involved but this sort of troubleshooting can be interesting. (any resemblence to the canteen stirring-sticks is purely coincidental)











This time the blonde WASN'T the star, she was only on board for her arms. A 'hand' model.







You can always count on the army when you need extras.







So there's a sample of what it involved. And I thought I was keeping it simple. Anyway I won't complain as I enjoyed it and gained some valuable experience along the way. Now I'm off to grab a well earned cold beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment